The more we depend on women to prevent rape, the easier it is to blame them when it happens to them. Here’s a look at the well-documented ways we can actually stop rape. Maybe it’s time we invest a little more time and resources into implementing them before we send gallons of nail polish to colleges across the country.
I refuse to let my child go through the “I hate being black” stage
- Maya Angelou (via lykereally)
FUCK ANTI RAPE NAIL POLISH
Do you think that we haven’t been trying hard enough?
Not sure if I’ve reblogged this before but it always bears repeating.
- Unknown (via curiovsly)
- If you want to have sex after being together one hour that’s fine
- If you want to have sex after being together one week that’s fine
- If you want to have sex after being together one month that’s fine
- If you want to have sex after being together one year that’s fine
- If you want to wait until marriage that’s fine
- If you’re not even together that’s fine too
- IT’S ALL FINE NOW PLEASE STOP THINKING OTHER PEOPLE’S SEX IS YOUR BUSINESS THANK YOU
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
It is a peculiar sensation, this double-consciousness, this sense of always looking at one’s self through the eyes of others, of measuring one’s soul by the tape of a world that looks on in amused contempt and pity. One ever feels his two-ness,—an American, a Negro; two souls, two thoughts, two unreconciled strivings; two warring ideals in one dark body, whose dogged strength alone keeps it from being torn asunder.